My Trip to the Beach


A long time ago I went to the beach. Before we left we loaded all our beach gear into the car. Continuing down the road my sister and two brothers and I sang songs to keep from falling into the depths of boredom. Deciding where to stop for dinner was a real challenge.

Everyone wanted to eat at a different restaurant. Finally Dad stopped at Cracker Barrel. I chose green beans, potatoes, and steak for my dinner. We all drank hot cocoa and whipped cream for dessert. Initially we had hoped to reach our destination, Pensacola, before midnight, but it seemed impossible.

Just after we crossed the Georgia/Florida border my dad stopped at a hotel. Keeping quiet not to wake the others staying at the hotel, we tiptoed out at 6:00 A.M. Later the next morning, we arrived at the house in Pensacola. My mom's friend and her family were staying with us.

Never is there a dull moment when we are together. Of course we were very tired from our trip, so we rested all day. Plenty of fun in the sun was in store for us the next day. Ready to get out on the beach I had forgotten something very important.

Quite sunburned was I by the end of that day. Sunscreen had not been applied! Too sunburned was I to go out and have fun. Unmovable, I lay on the couch, watching television. Very unhappy about this terrible mishap I whined and complained. While I rested, I dreamed of the fun I was missing.

Extremely bored, with only one day left until we went home, I prayed I would get better. Yet I was already healed. Zooming off of the couch, I hopped into my suit and enjoyed my last day on the beach.

0 comments:

Post a Comment